Do I Need Website in Business | 10 Affordable Examples
We have been asked this question more and more in the last 2-3 years, especially by SMEs [small & medium-sized enterprises] moving to an online model. The answer is a resounding yes! Having a website in business will help you reach a much wider audience than ever before and give you the competitive edge to succeed.
In the below article, we share our knowledge and experience about websites in business and included 10 of our favourite sites that are affordable and well-optimized for any business. If you seeking a modern and attractive web page click the Get a Quote and fill out the multi-step form, we'll be in touch within a few minutes.
Table of contents:
- Why is a website important
- What are the 3 types of websites
- 10 Affordable site examples
- Website development prices in the UK
- Maintenance/Upkeep/Ongoing costs
- Tips for potential customers
- Significance of website design
- FAQ - mix questions and answers
What's a Website?
A website is a digital presence of your enterprise where you can showcase products and services, build relationships with customers, and share company information. It acts as an online storefront where anyone can access your business 24/7. Your website should have attractive visuals, be easy to navigate and provide valuable content that will keep visitors coming back.
Why is Website Important for Business?
In the current digital age, having a website is essential for any business. It allows you to reach more customers, build trust with potential clients, showcase your products and service. There are many advantages to having a website in business, such as increased exposure, credibility and the ability to engage with customers on a global level. Websites are also great for SEO and can help improve your rankings on search engines, driving more traffic to your site.
Purpose of a Professional Website
- Lead generation
- Showcase products/services
- Provide valuable information
- Provide customer base services
- Increase brand awareness
- Boost credibility
- Increase revenue
- Reach international audiences
- Generate sales
- Reduce overhead costs
With a professionally designed website, businesses are able to reach more people than ever before. Additionally, with modern web technologies such as responsive design and search engine optimization (SEO), businesses can ensure their websites look great on all devices [Desktop, Table, Mobile] and get noticed by current and potential consumers.
What are the 3 Types of Websites?
There are three general types of websites available for businesses: informational, e-commerce, and lead generation.
1. Informational Websites:
These are websites with content related to a specific topic or industry. They provide valuable information and resources for website visitors, non-commercial organisations and educational institutions.
Web builders for informational websites:
1. WordPress: one of the most popular website builders among businesses. Offers customisation options and is SEO-friendly. Learning curve: Medium
2. Wix: good for creating professional websites with templates, drag-and-drop features and an easy-to-use interface. Learning curve: Low-Medium
3. Webflow: cutting-edge website builder with code-free design capabilities. Learning curve: High
2. eCommerce Websites:
These types of websites allow businesses to sell products or services directly to customers. They often include shopping cart features, payment processing, and other features that make it easy for customers to purchase from the website.
Website builders for eCommerce sites:
- Shopify: the most popular eCommerce platform with good customer experience, payment processing and product management features. Learning curve: Low
- BigCommerce: perfect for businesses of all sizes with lots of features and a wide range of templates. Learning curve: Medium
- Magento: an open-source platform with a steep learning curve, but lots of features. Learning curve: High
3. Lead Generation Websites:
These types of websites are focused on capturing customer information such as names and email addresses in order to generating leads. They often include forms, contact forms, contact details, surveys, and other features that make it easy for customers to provide their information.
Website builders for lead generation sites:
- HubSpot: has good customer service, and offers lead capture and analytics. Learning curve: Low-Medium
10 Affordable Site Examples for Small Businesses
The following websites are available to businesses at an affordable price and can help jumpstart their online presence. Learn more about Fit Design projects that were created for small businesses [price includes Web Design/Development, Images, Content, OnPage SEO]:
1. Property Services: £2.500 - £3.000, perfect to attract visitors and showcase portfolios.
2. Beauty Services: £2.000 - £3.000, creative and stylish design to showcase beauty services.
3. Transportation: £2.500 - £3.000, modern and user-friendly with CTA.
4. Tradesperson: £1.500 - £2.500, if a business needs a website this design is the go to.
5. Cafe Shop: £2.000 - £3.000, build a new contemporary cafe site and take the lead.
6. Consultancy Services: £2.500 - £3.500, minimalistic but highly SEO optimized.
7. Creative Agencies: £3.500 - £5.000, take the next step and be a market leader
8. Restaurants: £2.500 - £3.500, bespoke design with attractive content.
9. Gym & PT: £2.000 - £3.000, powerful and engaging stylish design.
10. Accounting Services: £2.500 - £3.500, attractive and modern design.
Website Development Prices in the UK
Website development prices in the UK can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors. These factors include the scope and complexity of the project [Pages, Functionality, Features], the experience and technical knowledge of the developers/agency, the hosting environment and other services that may be required, such as security, maintenance and support.
Webflow website builder:
Basic Website: 1-6 Pages £2,999
Standard Website: 6-10 Pages £4,999
Premium Website: 10+ Pages £5,000+
Wordpress website builder:
Basic website: 1-6 Pages £1,499
Standard website: 6-10 Pages £2,499
Premium website: 15 Pages £3,499
Maintenance & Upkeep Costs of Business Website
The cost of maintaining and upkeeping a business website can vary depending on the size and complexity of the website, as well as the hosting environment.
Website Feature Upfront Website Cost
Domain Name £7 - £20/year
Website Hosting £5 - £30/month
SSL Certificate £0 - £100/year
Plugins & Integrations £0 - £100/month
eCommerce Functionality £20 - £1000/month
Website Retainer Packages:
Basic package: £50/month [weekly analysis and 1 report a month]
Standard package: £100/month [basic, +1h Web Designer]
Premium package: £150/month [basic, +3h Web Designer]
Lead Generation Tips for Potential Customers
- Use social media platforms to build relationships with customers
- Create engaging content that resonates with your target audience
- Utilize email marketing campaigns or newsletters to reach out to prospects and leads
- Consider investing in digital marketing - PPC ads or other paid advertising/marketing methods - to generate more leads quickly
- Host webinars, seminars, or workshops focusing on topics related to your business and industry
- Offer incentives for referrals from existing customers
- Leverage influencer marketing as a way of expanding your reach
- Participate in online forums, comment on blogs and third-party review sites and connect through LinkedIn groups
- Analyze competitors’ strategies for lead-generation ideas
- Incorporate video content into your campaigns
- Use SEO and targeted keywords to increase visibility on search results pages
- Collect email addresses
- Follow up on leads promptly to demonstrate a proactive approach
What Are 5 Important Things in Website Design?
1. User Experience:
Ensuring that visitors have a positive and engaging experience on your website is key to building trust and loyalty.
2. Mobile Optimization:
Creating a web design that looks great across all devices, including smartphones and tablets, is essential in today’s competitive online environment.
3. SEO-Friendly Content:
Incorporating keywords, meta tags, titles, descriptions, headings etc., into the website content helps it rank higher in Google search results pages (SERPs).
4. Responsive Design:
A responsive design enables users to access all of the same content from any device or screen size without having to resize or scroll horizontally on their browser window.
5. Security & Speed:
Securing your site with an SSL Certificate adds credibility for potential customers and will also speed up page loading times which further enhances user experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE NEED WEBSITE?
People from a wide range of backgrounds and industries may need websites for a variety of reasons.
- Small business owners can use a website to showcase their services, attract more new customers, and generate leads.
- Bloggers can use a website to share their expertise with the world, while larger corporations may need custom-built web applications to manage their operations.
- Professionals such as artists, musicians, and writers can also benefit from having a website to promote their work.
- WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO HAVE A WEBSITE?
In today's digital world, having a website is essential for many businesses and professionals to reach out to their larger audience. A website can help you build your brand, increase customer engagement, and generate leads.
It can also be used to showcase products or services, provide updates on new developments, and highlight customer testimonials. Additionally, having a website can help to boost your business’s credibility and increase its visibility on search engines.
- CAN YOU RUN A BUSINESS WITHOUT WEBSITE?
It is possible to run a business without a website, but it can be difficult and potentially limiting. Without an online presence, businesses may miss out on opportunities to reach out to potential customers or build relationships with existing customers.
- WILL YOU LOSE BUSINESS WITHOUT A WEBISTE?
Yes, businesses can lose out on prospective customers and revenue without need a website. Having an online presence allows businesses to engage with their current and new customers, showcase their services, and provide updates on new products or developments.
- IS IT WORTH HAVING A WEBSITE FOR A SMALL BUSINESS?
It is absolutely worth having a website for a small business. With having services online, many business owners can reach out to their target audience and build relationships with prospective customers that would have otherwise been impossible.
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE SOMEONE DO YOUR WEBSITE?
On average, if you need a website the price can range anywhere from £1.000 to £3.000 or more, depending on the scope of the project and tech savvy.
- IS SEO IMPORTANT?
Yes, SEO is incredibly important for businesses of all sizes. Search engine optimized (SEO) helps to increase visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs), enabling the most qualified customers to discover your website. By optimizing your website content with targeted keywords and phrases, you can improve your ranking in the SERPs and attract more organic traffic.
Having your own website is essential for businesses and professionals to reach out to their target audience. Investing in social media networks, SEO-friendly content, responsive design, security features and speed optimization are all important factors when building an effective website that will make your business stand out from the competition.
To ensure success online, it's important to consider the cost of having someone do your professional website as well as other factors such as SEO which can help you attract more organic traffic. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create an engaging and successful website for your business and web presence.