How to Build a Website for Tradesmen and What it Costs?
If you are a tradesman, such as a carpenter, electrician or plumber, then you know that having a website is important for your business. It allows potential customers to learn more about your services, and contact you easily if they need your help.
In this blog post, we will discuss the cost of building a website for tradesmen, as well as some tips on how to make it stand out from the competition and also we added a FAQ to clarify a few common questions from tradespeople.
Table of contents:
FAQ For Tradesmen
What is the best site for tradesmen to be?
After assessing functionalities, trade skills and subscription fees we came to terms that MyBuilder & Checkatrade companies are the best option for tradesmen. Easy to use and have a large following.
Which is better Checkatrade or TrustATrader?
Both Checkatrade and TrustATrader are trusted traders across the UK for finding tradesmen, but they do have different benefits. Checkatrade is great because it allows you to search for specific trade categories, while TrustATrader is great because it allows you to read reviews from other customers.
What is similar to Checkatrade?
How do I find reliable local tradesmen?
The most important thing is to check reviews and relevant qualifications before hiring anyone. You can also ask for recommendations from friends or family. Once you've found a few tradesmen that you're interested in, make sure to get multiple quotes before making a decision.
Best websites for tradesmen?
Every site has its own unique selling points but these businesses are the best: MyBuilder, CheckaTrade, TrustaTrader, RatedPeople
Tradesman websites and monthly fees
- Checkatrade: £69.99 and £119.99 monthly, before VAT
- RatedPeople: £35 plus VAT and £15 plus VAT for each lead
- TurstaTrader: no public information on fees
- MyBuilder: from £2.50 to £37.50 per lead
How to find potential customers?
One of the best ways to find potential customers is by advertising on local websites and directories. These are helpful to reach people in your area who may be interested in your services. Another option is to build a website and SEO optimize it for keywords.
How to provide a fantastic job?
When it comes to providing excellent service, it's important to remember the following:
- Make sure to always be on time and ready to work
- Be professional and courteous to your customers
- Deliver quality work that meets or exceeds expectations
- Communicate effectively throughout the job
- Be sure to clean up when you're finished
Why Do I Need a Website?
A site for tradesmen is important because it allows customers to learn more about your services, and contact you easily if they need your help. A website is a great way to showcase your work and let people know what you're capable of. It's also a good way to build trust with customers, as they can see that you're a professional who is serious about your business.
How to Build a Website for Trades?
As mentioned above, websites are important to showcase your services and build trust with possible customers. The first step is to choose a site builder that suits your needs.
Some of the best website builders are:
- Shopify [eCommerce]
Once you've chosen a website builder, you'll need to select a domain name and hosting plan.
Domain name can be purchased at:
Hosting can be purchased at:
After your site is built, you'll need to promote it through SEO and social media so make sure you have a plan and budget for it. Unfortunately, many tradespeople make the mistake to forget about this important step, as no matter how much you paid for the site, if your customer can't find it then it doesn't exist. To make the process easier you can hire a web design agency or a freelancer depending on your needs and budget.
They both have advantages and disadvantages, here there are:
Website Design Agency
# Agency Pros:
- You will have a team of experts working on your website
- The agency will handle all the web design, development and marketing for you
- Professional service and bespoke design
- Payment plan and fixed fee
# Agency Cons:
- It can take longer to develop a website
- Web agencies tend to be busier and you have to book your design
- It can be more expensive than hiring a freelancer
Freelance Web Designer
# Freelancer Pros:
- Faster turn around
- Costs less
- More flexible
# Freelancer Cons:
- You only have one person working on your website
- The quality of work can vary
- The expertise of the freelancer can be limited if you need web development, marketing or SEO services
- Price could be tempting but it may not be worth it in the long run
The Cost of Building a Website for Tradesmen
The cost of building a site for tradesmen can vary depending on the size and complexity of the website, as well as the services you require. For a simple site, you can expect to pay around £500-£2000 for the design and development.
If you need a more complex website or additional services such as SEO or social media marketing, the cost can increase to £3000-£4000. To get an accurate quote for your web page, it's best to contact a web design agency or freelancer and discuss your specific needs.
Price List of Web Development and Design:
- 3 - 5 Pages: £999 - £1500
- 6 - 10 Pages: £1500 - £2500
- 10+ Pages: £2999+
The above price is from Fit Design and includes - strategy, web design, web development, content & images, OnPage SEO, testing, 1-month maintenance
Tips on How to Make Your Website Successful
1. Work with professional web designers who know what they do
2. Avoid building a new site yourself, especially cowboy builders like GoDaddy and if you do start to build gain knowledge in design, content creation and search engine optimization (SEO) because the last thing you want is to pay for a redesign later
3. Choose images and videos that are easy on the eyes and help break up the text
4. Responsive design: tablet, mobile friendly
5. Make sure you have a plan and strategy before you start to build a website
6. Research: competition, target audience, target market
7. Have a budget for marketing after you launched the website
How to Market Your Website for Tradesmen
There are many ways to market your website for quality leads that don't cost a lot of money. If you have a limited budget, start with the basics such as SEO, social media and citation/directory sign-up.
=> SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of optimizing your site to rank higher in search engine results. The higher you rank, the more likely people are to find your website. Once you have optimized your site SEO you can invest in OffPage SEO - link building for £100 - £500/month.
=> Social media is a great way to connect with new customers and promote your website for free. Create profiles on popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Then, share your web page content and links to your profiles. If you want to create hype around your brand then you can run ads, for £5/day for a month or two.
=> You can also use paid advertising to market your website, but this can be expensive and should only be done if you have a large budget. You can use PPC, pay-per-click Google ads £150 - £500/month.
Now that you know some of the basics of web design and development, it's time to start thinking about your own page. Whether you're a tradesman or a professional services provider, a website is essential for promoting your business. Look up web design agencies or freelancers in your area and get started on your site today!
Do You Need Help?
If you thinking about becoming digital then Fit Design is a perfect match for you. Our website design agency services are affordable, and we offer a wide range of services to help get more business. Also, we can help you with marketing and SEO. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you!