A website is essential for any business in the modern day. It provides customers with a platform to learn about your company, products, and services. Potential customers can also use your website to purchase your products or services online.
There are lots of services where you can sign up for very cheap drag-and-drop website builders, however, having a professional web design developed by a web development company will create significant benefits that a do-it-yourself [DIY] project wouldn't allow you.
As every service has advantages and disadvantages, it is important to keep in mind that a website is a significant investment for your business that can assist you in achieving your business goals.
Table of contents:
- The importance of having a professional web design
- 7 advantages of professional website design
- Pro vs Con of pro web design service
- What are the stages of creating a website
- How to choose the right web design company for your needs
- Tips for maintaining your website over time
The importance of having a professional web design
- Since the early days of the internet, having a website has been a key way businesses can reach a larger audience and promote their goods or services. In the early days of the internet, however, websites were much simpler affairs than they are today.
- As technology has progressed, website design has become more complex and specialized. The days of simply creating a few static pages of text and images are long gone. Modern websites need to be responsive, meaning they adjust to provide an optimal experience regardless of the device being used to view them.
- They also need to be fast, secure, and easy to navigate. Creating a website that meets all of these criteria is not a simple task, which is why it's important to use the services of a professional web design company that has the experience and expertise to create a website that will help you achieve your business goals.
7 advantages of professional website design
To achieve a custom or professional web design, you will have to team up with a web design agency that will help you through the process of designing, developing, and launching your website.
The following advantages are included in their web development services:
1. Customized design
If you work with a professional web design company, they will work with you to create a unique and customized website that reflects your company’s branding. This is important because you want your website to stand out from your competition. A custom website will also be designed to meet your specific business goals especially if you are in a niche market.
And if you think that a customized website will be too costly for your small business, you can always start with a basic template and then work with the web design company to add custom features and coding as your business grows.
The average price for a custom web design at Fit Design Agency in London:
- Basic website: 1-3 Pages £1500 - £2500
- Standard website: 5-8 Pages £2500 - £5000
- Premium website: 10+ Pages £5000+
2. Search engine optimization
A lot of thought and planning goes into creating a website that is optimized for search engines. This is important because you want potential customers to be able to find your website when they search for keywords related to your business. A professional web design company will create a website that is optimized for search engines so that potential customers can easily find you online.
SEO is just as important as web design as having a great website is pointless if potential customers can’t find it. Search engine optimization is a complex and ever-changing field, so it will time and effort to keep your website ranking high in the search engine results pages.
However, it is worth the effort as organic traffic can be very valuable to your business. SEO services are usually charged as a monthly retainer or a one-time fee, depending on the scope of work or the type of search optimization package. We recommend signing up for a min. of 3 months to see results.
- SEO retainer fee: £299 - £1500/month or one-time fee
Also, search engine optimization can be further broken down into two main types: on-page optimization and off-page optimization.
A) OnPage SEO:
This is the SEO that is done on your website to make it more search-engine friendly. It includes optimizing your website’s title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and images. It also involves creating keyword-rich content and internal linking.
- Basic SEO: included in the bespoke website design
- Technical SEO: £99/page [all the above and more]
B) OffPage SEO:
This is the SEO that is done off your website to promote it and improve its ranking in the search engine results pages. It includes link building, guest posting, social media marketing, and directory submission or citations.
The following SEO packages are offered by Fit Design in London:
- Starter Package: £299/month or one-time fee
- Advanced Package: £699/month or one-time fee
- Premium Package: £999/month or one-time fee
3. User-friendly interface and Mobile-friendly design
A professional web design company will create a user-friendly interface that is:
- Modern yet responsive to all devices
- Laser-focused on conversion, revenue & result
- Easy to navigate
The user experience is important because you want visitors to have a positive encounter on your site and be able to easily find what they are looking for. A user-friendly interface will also help increase conversion rates as visitors are more likely to stay on your site and purchase your product or services while lowering your bounce rate [time spent on your website] too.
Part of the mobile-friendly design is to make sure your website loads quickly on all devices including mobile phones and tablets. This is important as people are using their mobile devices more and more to browse the internet and purchase products and services.
A slow-loading website will result in a high bounce rate as users will simply leave your site and go to a competitor’s site that loads faster.
NOTE: Google set their algorithm to favour mobile-friendly websites in its search result.
4. Web development and Design experts
Working alongside a team of web development and design experts will help ensure your website is built to the highest standards. These experts have years of experience in their field building websites and are able to advise you on the best ways to improve your site performance. They will also help you with any technical problems you may have after development and can offer monthly support if needed.
A standard website design agency has the following team members:
A) Web Designer
The web designer is responsible for the overall look and feel of the website. The front-end designer will create the layout, design the graphics, and select the colours and fonts to be used. A good UI designer will also have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
B) Web Developer
C) Content Strategist
The content strategist is responsible for creating and managing the website’s content. This includes writing the text, selecting photos and videos, and ensuring that all the content is optimised for search engines. A good content strategist will have a background in journalism or marketing.
D) SEO Specialist
The search engine specialist is responsible for ensuring that the website ranks high in the search engine result pages [SERPs]. This includes keyword research, link building, and on-page optimization. A good SEO specialist will have a strong understanding of how search engine algorithms work and experience with all the major SEO tools like Semrush, Seobility, Spyfu etc.
E) Project Manager
The project manager is responsible for overseeing the development of the website, this includes setting timelines, assigning tasks, and keeping track of progress. A good project manager will have excellent communication and organizational skills.
F) Digital Marketer
The digital marketer is responsible for driving traffic to the website and generating leads. This includes doing keyword research, creating content, and running ads. A good digital marketer will have experience with all the major marketing channels like Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
5. Technical support
When you work with a professional web design studio, you will have access to technical support if you ever need it. This is important because there may be times when you need help with something on your site and it’s nice to know that you can contact someone who can help you resolve the issue quickly and efficiently.
Also, website development companies offer maintenance packages that are tailored to your new site requirements. This means that web agencies will regularly check your website for any errors, or bugs and make the necessary updates and changes if needed. Maintenance packages usually include content updates, performance analysis, security patches, and plugin/theme updates.
Maintenance packages by Fit Design in London:
- Basic package: £50/month [weekly analysis and 1 report/month]
- Standard package: £100/month [basic package + 1h Web Designer: bug, cache, backup or site work as needed that doesn't interfere with development]
- Premium package: £200/month [standard package + 3h Web Designer]
6. Credibility and Increased revenue
With a professionally designed website, you can expect to outshine your competition and generate more sales. It’s important for an online business owner like yourself not only to have the latest trends in web design but also to know how best to engage with your target audience through compelling copy or other marketing techniques that will drive prospects towards specific actions upon visiting this site!
With the credibility that comes from having a great new website, you will also find it easier to secure funding from investors/banks or attain trust from potential customers. Either way, working with a web development agency to create a great website will undoubtedly have a positive impact on your business that will make up for the investment you make in this process!
7. Brand consistency
A website is the first impression of your company and it's important that you design a site with all aspects in mind. A good web designer or web design agency will know how to use colours, fonts, logos etc., that match your customers' needs and wants.
Creating consistency in all aspects of your website will make it easier for customers to remember your brand and what you're all about. This is important in a competitive market where customers have a lot of choices. With a website company, you will be set up for success from the start by having a professional design that is true to your brand and product/service.
Pros vs Cons of web design agencies
- They have the experience and expertise necessary to create an effective and visually appealing website.
- Can help you to target your audience and develop a website that will appeal to them.
- They will ensure that your website is optimized for search engines, which will help you to reach more potential customers.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance for your website.
- Finally, a professional web design agency can often provide a higher level of service and support than you would get from hiring a freelance web designer.
- Their services can be expensive, so they may be out of reach for smaller businesses or startups.
- It can take time for an agency to complete a website redesign project, so you may need to be patient if you decide to go this route.
- Important to carefully research any agency you're considering working with in order to make sure you're getting quality service.
- Keep in mind that not all agencies are created equal - some may have more experience and be better equipped to meet your specific needs than others.
What are the stages of creating a website
There are a few different website design stages that are typically involved in the process of building a website. Below is a brief overview of each stage:
Before any design work can take place, the client needs to provide the designer with specific information about their business and what they hope to achieve with their website. This includes things like company goals, target audience, and the type of content that will be featured on the site.
Once the designer has a good understanding of what the client wants, they will start to create concepts for the website that are called wireframes. These blueprints will be presented to the client for feedback, after which the designer will finalize a design for the site.
After the design is finalized, it is handed off to the developer who will build it out using coding and programming languages. This stage also includes tasks such as installing plugins, setting up hosting, and creating an initial database.
4. Content and Images
The client will need to provide the developer with all of the content and images that are to be used on the website. This includes things like text, videos, and photos. If the client doesn't have the following materials, the content strategist will help to create them.
5. Testing and Launch
After the site is built and all of the content has been added, it will need to be tested on different browsers and devices to make sure everything is working properly. Once everything is confirmed to be working as it should, the site can go live for the world to see!
5. Maintenance and Updates
From here on out, it is important to maintain and update the website regularly in order to keep it looking fresh and new. This can be done by either hiring a dedicated web maintenance team or by using one of the many maintenance packages offered by web design agencies.
How to choose the right web design company for your needs
When choosing a web design company, it is important to consider your needs and the company's ability to meet them.
Some factors to consider include:
- The company's experience and portfolio
- The company's approach to web design and its understanding
- The quality of their work and customer service/feedback
- Their prices and payment terms
By considering all of these factors, you should be able to find a web design company that meets your needs and can help you achieve your business goals. The best practice is to use the Google search bar and type eg. web design agency London or directories eg. DesignRush, Clutch, CrunchBase or Yell.
Tips for maintaining your website over time
2. Train your self or your team on how to use the CMS. Make sure everyone who needs to update the website knows how to use the CMS. Or stick to your web agency and select from the various maintenance packages.
3. Update your website regularly. Fresh content helps keep your website visitors engaged and coming back for more eg. Blog articles, new reviews, update the services page etc.
4. Keep your website design and content up-to-date. Stale websites look unprofessional and can discourage visitors from staying on your site. Always strive for simplicity and keep user experience in mind.
5. Use a web hosting service that provides good customer support. If you run into any problems with your website, you'll want to be able to get help quickly and easily. Worth to spend few pounds more to have a piece of mind.
A professional web design can make a big difference in the success of your website and brand. It is important to choose a company that has the experience and skillset to create a website that meets your needs and helps you achieve your business goals. By considering all of the factors mentioned in this article, you should be able to find a web design company that is perfect for you and your new website development.