WordPress vs Webflow, are two of the most popular web design platforms today. They both have their pros and cons, so it can be difficult to decide which one is better for you. In this blog post, we will compare WordPress and Webflow and help you decide which platform is right for your needs.
Table of contents:
FAQs - Webflow vs WordPress
Do professional web designers use Webflow?
Is Webflow better than WordPress?
The simple answer is YES, Webflow is better. At Fit Design, we develop websites on both platforms, but Webflow is a cutting-edge CMS and clearly the winner for us. Is more user-friendly has more features and allows visual coding. Also, you can create custom designs and animations without having to learn how to code.
Is Webflow or WordPress better for SEO?
Webflow and WordPress are both great options for SEO, but Webflow has a slight edge. The main reason is that Webflow allows you to create clean, well-structured code.
This makes it easier for search engines to index your site and improve your ranking. WordPress is a great platform for SEO as well, but you need to be careful about choosing a theme and plugins that don't add a lot of code bloat.
What are the pros of WordPress?
- Popular platform with a large community, which means you won't have trouble finding help and support
- Free and open-source software, can be used for any website project
- Good option if you've set up a new business or you want to scale and quit Wix, SquareSpace or Weebly
- Has thousands of themes and plugins available for free and paid to download
- Is SEO friendly and can be easily optimized for improved search engine rankings
- Relatively easy to use, even for people who are not experts
- WordPress is scalable and can handle large traffic loads
What are the cons of WordPress?
- Many themes/templates and plugins on the market can make it difficult to find the right one
- Updating WordPress core, plugins, and themes can be time-consuming
- You have to choose a quality web host provider to reduce site speed and load time
- Some features, such as eCommerce, can be difficult to set up without hiring a developer
- Can be slow if you don't take the time to optimize your site
What are the pros of Webflow?
- A web-based platform that allows users to design, build and launch responsive websites
- No coding skills are necessary
- High-quality templates
- Easy to use and has a learning curve that is much shorter than other web development platforms, plus offers Webflow university to learn free
- Provides users with all the tools they need to create a professional website, including templates, web hosting, and eCommerce
- Follows the latest trends and features
- Integrated SEO settings
What are the cons of Webflow?
- You should've coding knowledge to use Webflow effectively
- Fewer themes and templates than WordPress
- eCommerce store can be difficult to set up without hiring a developer
- Has more features and tools which makes it more complex for less experienced
What is WordPress CMS?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that enables beginners, web designers and developers to create websites and blogs using themes. It is the most popular CMS in the world, used by millions of people including many large organizations.
The platform features a drag-and-drop page builder plugin that makes it easy to create and customize web pages without having to write any code, just add BeaverBuilder or VisualComposer. Also, has a large library of free and premium plugins and themes that can be installed with a few clicks. A great option for startups, small businesses or professionals to promote their service/product.
WordPress site themes or templates come in all shapes and sizes, and you can find one that suits your needs no matter what kind of website you're creating. There are free themes and templates available, as well as premium options that come with more features and customization options.
Using templates is a great way to get started with the WordPress dashboard, especially if you're not familiar with coding or don't have the time to create a custom design. Installing a theme is simple and only takes a few minutes.
Once you've found a theme you like, simply download it and activate it on your site. Some of the best sites to purchase themes are ThemeForest and MyThemeShop.
WordPress website plugins
WordPress plugins are tools that can be installed on a WordPress site to add features and functionality. There are thousands of plugins available, and most of them are free. Plugins can be used for a variety of purposes, including SEO, social media, security, caching, and more.
You can find premium plugins for just about anything you can imagine, and they can be installed with a few clicks. Some plugins are considered essential for all WordPress sites, such as Yoast SEO and WPForms. These plugins are must-haves for any type of site, whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro.
A WordPress eCommerce site is a great way to sell products and services online. There are many plugins and themes available on the market that make it easy to set up an online store and start selling. Some of the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin: WooCommerce, Easy Digital, and Jigoshop. Also, you will find video tutorials on how to use WooCommerce here and how to use the visual editor.
Hosting for WordPress
- One option is to use a web host that specializes in managed WordPress hosting. These hosts will have pre-installed WordPress, as well as tools and features to make setting up and managing a WordPress site easy.
- Another option is to use a traditional web host and install WordPress yourself. This requires a little more work but can be a cheaper option.
- You can also host WordPress for free on WordPress.com. This is the easiest option, but you will have limited control over your site and it will include ads.
Creating a WordPress page can be a daunting task. But with the right tools and IT understanding, it can be easy and fun. WordPress is a great platform for small businesses or startups because there are many resources available and WordPress themes are affordable and SEO friendly.
The cost to build a WordPress page are:
- Domain name: $14.99/year
- Web hosting provider: starts at $0/month
- Themes: free-$99
- WordPress plugins: free-$49
- eCommerce plugin: $0-$299s follows:
Price of designing a WordPress web page:
Web agency prices:
Basic 5-page website: £1000 - £2000
Standard 8-10 page website: £2500 - £4000
Premium 10+ page website: £5000+
eCommerce: £2000 - £10,000+
Freelance designer price:
Basic 5-page website: £500 - £1000
Standard 8-10 page website: £500 - £2000
Premium 10+ page website: £2000+
eCommerce: £500 - £3000+
WordPress Website Maintenance: £25 - £200+ per month
The difference is in the quality of the design, development, and support you'll receive. A web agency will have a team of designers, developers, and support staff who can help you create a high-quality website. Whereas a freelance web designer might only have one or two people working on your project.
Once your website is up and running, you'll need to budget for ongoing maintenance. This includes things like security updates, plugin and theme updates, backups, and customer support.
What is Webflow CMS?
Webflow is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to create completely customized websites and manage your sites without any high degree of programming skills. It offers a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor that makes it easy to create pages, and you can use it to create both static and dynamic websites.
Static websites are those that don't change much, such as a portfolio or an informational website. Dynamic websites, on the other hand, are more complex, and they can include features such as e-commerce, forums, and blog posts.
Webflow automatically generates the code for your website, so you don't have to worry about coding unless wanting custom code. You can also use Webflow to create responsive websites, which means your website will look good on all devices (desktop, tablet, and mobile).
Themes are important because they set the overall look and feel of your website. They also determine the functionality of your website, so it's important to choose a theme that is both visually appealing and functional.
If you're not sure which theme to choose for design customization, you can always start with a free theme and then upgrade to a premium theme later on. Premium themes usually offer more features and options than the free ones, so they're worth considering if you want a more sophisticated website that provides data for Google search console.
Webflow website plugins
Webflow provides a wide range of plugins that allow you to add features and functionality to your website. Some of these plugins include:
- Ecommerce plugins: These plugins allow you to add eCommerce functionality to your website. This includes features such as shopping carts, product catalogs, and checkout processes.
- Blogging plugins: These plugins allow you to add a blog to your website. This includes features such as creating posts, adding comments, and managing categories.
- Forum plugins: These plugins allow you to add a forum to your website. This includes features such as creating topics, adding replies, and managing users.
- Social media plugins: These plugins allow you to integrate social media into your website. This includes features such as sharing buttons, social login, and social media feeds.
- Other plugins: There are also a wide variety of other plugins available that offer other features and functionality. These include plugins for analytics, security, performance, and more.
Webflow's eCommerce plugins allow you to add eCommerce functionality to your website just like at WordPress. This includes features such as shopping carts, product catalogs, and checkout processes that are completely customizable.
One of the benefits of using Webflow for eCommerce is that it's very easy to set up. You can add products to your catalog, set up payment processing, and configure shipping options with just a few clicks.
Another benefit of using Webflow for eCommerce is that it's very scalable. You can start with a small online store and then add more products and features as your business grows. Finally, Webflow offers a wide range of customization options. This means you can create a unique eCommerce experience that matches your brand and business.
Hosting for Webflow
Webflow Hosting is a one-stop shop for your online presence. With custom domains and secure storage on Amazon Web Servers can have the fastest scalable hosting technology available without ever lifting a finger! Includes free SSL certificate, global CDN, daily backups, and DDoS protection.
There are options for hosting your Webflow site on either a custom domain or a subdomain. If you're just getting started, we recommend using a subdomain. This will allow you to get your website up and running quickly without having to worry about configuring a custom domain.
Later on, when you're ready to launch your entire site, you can upgrade to a custom domain. This will give your website a more professional look and feel. Plus, it will also allow you to use your own domain name, which can help with branding and marketing.
Price of designing a Webflow web page:
Web agency prices:
Basic 5-page website: £2000 - £4000
Standard 8-10 page website: £4000 - £8000
Premium 10+ page website: £5000+
eCommerce: £4000 - £10,000+
Freelance Webflow designer price:
Basic 5-page website: £1000 - £1500
Standard 8-10 page website: £1500 - £3000
Premium 10+ page website: £3000+
eCommerce websites: £1000 - £4000+
Webflow vs WordPress: both of these platforms have their own benefits and drawbacks. In the end, it depends on what you are looking for in a website builder. If you want an easy-to-use platform with a wide range of features, then WordPress is probably the better option.
However, if you want more flexibility and scalability, then Webflow might be the better choice. Also, since Webflow requires better programming understanding the designing dynamic sites, the price of these websites is usually more expensive. If you are working with a limited budget, WordPress might be the better option for you. But if you have the budget and are looking for more custom website pages, then Webflow is probably the way to go.
Finally, Webflow vs WordPress if you need help with your new website design, landing pages, or blogging platform contact Fit Design. We're experts in Webflow web design and WordPress software and offer fixed pricing. Our team of skilled designers and developers will help you create the perfect website - WordPress Webflow - for your business using the above-mentioned website building platforms.